Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3/25/2011 Workout

All,

Here's this weeks workout:

For time (to be completed in order): 
70 Burpees (a pushup should be done during each burpee)
60 Sit-ups (toes locked, elbows touch legs each time)
50 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 poods (see video, 1.5 pood = 55 lb, drop weight if necessary)
40 Pull-ups
30 Handstand push-ups (substitute standing shoulder press 8-12 rep max if necessary)


Demonstration of kettlebell swing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5uVjxjfkg


Demonstration of pushup burpee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJWmOfhfZdw&feature=related


Let me know if any questions. Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Another great work Matt. Welcome to the club Christoph! We need to win one of these weeks so we won't have to do handstand pushups. I am glad I read your e-mail twice. I almost did Burpees pullups and not Burpees (which were already tough).

    Time: 23:55

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I knew the burpees would be tough, but they really take it out of you right off the bat.
    16:59 for me. I didn't think the HSPUs were ever going to end.

    Enjoy the weekend and looking forward to some more scores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch...23.59. My hspu's were a disgrace to crossfit. One day ill get them down. Nice work to you two. Cdr Vinci, if I hadn't seen your score score before my workout you would have beat me.

    Good luck to everyone else doing the workout. I think we'll get Christoph over the weekend again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, since I arrived late last night, I postponed my workout today. I will do it tomorrow. So far your scores look impressive. It is a good incentive for my workout.
    P.S. Seth, Nele will stop my time because it looks like every second is counting this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seth,
    Unless my math is wrong, I BEAT you:
    ME: 23:55
    YOU: 23:59
    I got you by four seconds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uff...my time was 24:38. The burpees at the beginning at the workout were ok, but the Hspu's at the end nearly made me feel desperate, since I saw the seconds running and running...Next week I will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, the entire workout I was thinking your score was just over 24 min... I cheated and you still got me!

    Christoph, you were right there with us! Now the 3 of us just need to catch up to Matt.

    ReplyDelete