This site is the home of our Friday workout competition. A workout will be posted no later than Thursday each week by the past week's winner. To qualify as a weekly winner post your score by 1130 the following Wednesday.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
6/6 workout
Just 7 mins for this week's workout...
Goes as follows:
As many burpees as possible in 7 minutes. Only rules are chest touches the ground and feet leave it.
I didn't need reinforcement but this workout has proven again that burpees are not my thing. I decided to perform the burpees after a deadlift workout and circuit workout consisting of pullups, boxjumps and kettlebell swings. I am pretty sure my score would have been the same regardless. 47 burpees for me. Thought I would get 60 but couldn't keep that pace.
To quote the great Tony Horton 'I hate it, but I love it.' Burpees that is... 99 for me. Done that one a few times now and still not quite to triple digits. Atiim, not sure why you keep doing intense workouts prior to these, but i like it.
I set my goal at 91 (13 burpees per minute), and modified my goal mid-workout.
ReplyDeleteMy score was 81.
Looking forward to a few more scores. Good luck!
I didn't need reinforcement but this workout has proven again that burpees are not my thing. I decided to perform the burpees after a deadlift workout and circuit workout consisting of pullups, boxjumps and kettlebell swings. I am pretty sure my score would have been the same regardless. 47 burpees for me. Thought I would get 60 but couldn't keep that pace.
ReplyDeleteTo quote the great Tony Horton 'I hate it, but I love it.' Burpees that is...
ReplyDelete99 for me.
Done that one a few times now and still not quite to triple digits.
Atiim, not sure why you keep doing intense workouts prior to these, but i like it.