Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/25 workout

Found this one on the CFE website as well.  Looked like fun...

3 rounds for time of:
1 round of the bear complex at 0.5BW
21 pull-ups

the following link shows an example of the 'bear complex'.

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_TheBear.wmv

Let me know if you have questions or need clarification on this. 

Friday can't come soon enough!  Good luck to all.

12 comments:

  1. I wasn't able to watch the video. Is the Bear Complex 1 or 7 rounds of:

    1 Power Clean
    1 Front Squat
    1 Push Press
    1 Back Squat
    1 Push Press (then down to a touch and go to start the next power clean)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear Complex is 7 rounds of the Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Push Press
    (I know, a lot of coordination... I'm worried about that part, too)

    that followed by the 21 pull-ups is 1 of 3 complete rounds.

    The video is very informative so try and view it if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to do it today.
    2nd push presses were a killer...
    Great workout!
    Time: 11:07
    If you are motivated, add a mile run and 100 situps. Time not included.
    Seth, recommending sending an e-mail to all of our brothers and sisters that the crossfit blog is up and running and that they are missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That workout was NUTS!!! You got me, sir. Nice job! 11:59 for me.

    My forearms were screamin' at the end of this.
    I wasn't able to do the 1 mile and 100 sit-ups, but I did get in a solid hour of ultimate football with fellow local CEC officers.

    Have a great weekend and looking forward to more scores and next weeks workout.

    Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10.35 from me. That Bear Crawl really takes your breath away! Another good one Matt. My first set was the longest, the technique took some getting used too.

    I skipped the mile run as well, had to get back to campus to finish up an assignment due this morning.

    I'll continue to get the word out. Ian and Brian G have been completing workouts late, and Tres has been making a strong appearance the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to request a handicap score here - CDR Vinci's .5BW is like 30lbs and only carried a couple of feet. big dudes like me have WAY more to lift and farther! haha!

    there were too many SEAL/EOD bubbas drinking badger milk and discussing where to buy tiny shorts for me to get to the weights this morning. will post again monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What bear crawl are you talking about, Seth? and Ian, the weights should not travel any distance. just up and down...

    Did you guys watch the video?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meant to say Bear Complex, my fingers were moving faster than my brain when I typed my last comment.

    Are you asking if I watched the video because of my lightning fast time??? I did watch it, but still took a few reps to get it smooth. Used 95 lbs....I did see Cdr's score ahead of time though, pushing me through the whole workout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely not, my friend. You guys all got me this week. the weights are my weakness. I need to spend some more time with them.

    You guys all rocked! I'm excited the pressure is off for next week's workout. you're lucky, too because I had HSPUs in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  11. 13:02

    also used 95#, but also had to use lat pull-downs, as I still suck in the pull-up area. handicap my time as you will...

    ReplyDelete