This site is the home of our Friday workout competition. A workout will be posted no later than Thursday each week by the past week's winner. To qualify as a weekly winner post your score by 1130 the following Wednesday.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
September 2, 2011 Workout
Here's the first workout of September!
5 rounds for time of:
400 m run
10 Dead-Lifts (1.25x BW up to 225 lbs)
15 Pull-Ups (Any type)
There is no better way to end the week then doing Crossfit. The DC group is growing! We were competing for the treadmill, but all did great! My time: 21:52 (as prescribed) Enjoy the long weekend!
Popped my Friday Crossfit cherry this morning. The whole time I was thinking "what the hell have I gotten myself into?!" It was fun...now that it is over, 32:07 for me.
34:30 for me this week....by round 3 my grip was non-existent, ha! Scaled my dead lift weight down to 175lbs....225lbs would have rendered my legally handicapped for the weekend. Fun times, can't wait until next Friday's torture.
Seth, 150% BW might be a bit much for us human folk. Can we reduce it to 100% BW?
ReplyDeleteAtiim, I scaled it back, just for you. We'll cap the Dead-lifts at 225 lbs for anyone over 180 lbs and dropped the reps to 10 per round.
ReplyDelete22:12 for me. I'm pretty sure the original 15 dead-lifts would've killed me...dead-lifts and pull-ups are a brutal combo!
ReplyDeleteThere is no better way to end the week then doing Crossfit. The DC group is growing! We were competing for the treadmill, but all did great!
ReplyDeleteMy time: 21:52 (as prescribed)
Enjoy the long weekend!
GReat workout! Agreed on the deadlifts and pull-ups together. Wow!
ReplyDelete23:31 for me. I new I should've pushed a little more... Great job to all.
Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!
Posted for Ben Wainwright,
ReplyDeletePopped my Friday Crossfit cherry this morning. The whole time I was thinking "what the hell have I gotten myself into?!" It was fun...now that it is over, 32:07 for me.
34:30 for me this week....by round 3 my grip was non-existent, ha! Scaled my dead lift weight down to 175lbs....225lbs would have rendered my legally handicapped for the weekend. Fun times, can't wait until next Friday's torture.
ReplyDelete