Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 13, 2012 -- "Helen"


"Helen"
3 Rounds
Run 400 meters
21 'Over-head' Kettlebell Swings (55/35 lbs)
12 Pull Ups

Fastest time wins!
___________________________________________
I thought we'd try some overhead kettle-bell swings this week. Here's a brief tutorial for anyone interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mepY0l4pRpM

If you don't have a kettle bell available substitute an equivalent weight dumbbell. 

Good luck!

6 comments:

  1. 13:20. Broke up the pull-ups so I don't think this time will hold up very well, but it felt good this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11:21 for me. Good to have the DC crowd back at it this morning. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 13:21 for me...quick workout but definitely broke a good sweat doing it. Have a great long weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12.18 for me. I ended up breaking up the pull-ups too, after the kettle bell swings I was wiped out.

    Good luck to the rest of the late posters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9:01 for me. Although I just realized why it was so much quicker... My math was a little off on the KB swings and I did 20kg so gonna have to DQ myself.

    Look forward to next weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice workout. 12:26 for me. The Kettball Swings were the hardest part...

    ReplyDelete