Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 29 Workout

This one should be fun:

40-30-20-10
Double unders (jump rope)
Burpees

That's 40 DU's, 40 burpees, 30 DU's, 30 burpees, etc......

If you can't do double unders (no jump rope or just don't know how), do jumping knee tucks (see FAQ 3.12:  http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/faq.html#Substitutions11 ).

This is for time.  Enjoy!

Joe

6 comments:

  1. Awesome workout Joe! Not ready for double unders yet. Replaced with jumping knee tucks.
    12:35 for me.
    In keeping with our annual tradition, the Memorial Day Murphy competition is right around the corner. Registration opens 1 April. Check out the website at:
    www.memorialdaymurph.com
    The t-shirt, which is part of the registration fee ($35), is awesome.
    For those who have never done a Murph, it is great!
    * 1 mile run
    * 100 pullups
    * 200 pushups
    * 300 air squats
    * 1 mile run
    Check it out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concur; great workout, Joe! Another leg pounding. I powered through the DUs and still need some work on them, but burpees were really the long pole. I knew they would suck, but not that bad...
    10:57 for me.
    MDM here we come! I've got my T from last year and plan to get another one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10:03 for me - tried my best to keep up with Joe...

    I did the knee tucks, double-unders required more coordination than I could muster. A nice way to kick off the weekend.

    I like the Memorial Day Murph plan and will be getting a t-shirt this year. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8:13

    Seth and I have had a lot of burpee practice lately. Actually, 8-count body builders. Probably 400+ in the last couple of days....good times.

    I'm down for the Murph. Does anyone plan to use a vest? I've only done it without the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the double unders, reminded me of some hard workouts in my "gymnastics career" ;-) However, my time was 10:02. Seth, I didn't know your time before I did the workout...one Second is only 1 double under difference...

    I just recognized that there is a crossfit center in Hamburg that just opened. I hope to get in there soon and maybe my times will improve then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes good workout. Once again I go in thinkin its easy... Nope! 11:53

    ReplyDelete