This site is the home of our Friday workout competition. A workout will be posted no later than Thursday each week by the past week's winner. To qualify as a weekly winner post your score by 1130 the following Wednesday.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
10 Aug Workout "Beagle Challenge
With your bodyweight on your back perform 1 squat every 30 seconds. The weight should not leave your back for the duration of the workout. Time stops when you rack the weight or fail to get a rep.
I almost threw in the towel after the first minute due to the weight of the bar on my neck. No pain, no gain. 4:32 for me. Let's see some scores. Where is the DC crossfit crew???
I have been nursing a strained back and bum shoulder for couple of weeks which is why I took off last week. Tried to give it a go today but had to stop at 2:45. Like Seth, the back was the weak link. Although my neck and shoulders did not like the pain that accompanied those 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
That was rough!!! I concur that the back/shoulders were the worst part. I thought this would be pretty easy until I stood there after the first squat... ended up at 5:35.
Decided to go ahead and attempt this workout even though I didn't think I could squat my BW. I was only able to do 1.5 squats for 1:03. Wasn't sure if we were supposed to do (a) 1 squat and then begin the time or (b) hold for 30 seconds and then do 1 squat (we did method a). This difference could mean adding a whole 30 seconds to my time :) It was hard enough just to hold my BW on my shoulders! Hoping that the workout will not contain squats next week!
I completed this yesterday but my post did not get published - user error on my part I suspect. I completed 9:08 worth of the exercise. I wanted to hit 10 min but was afraid if I attempted another squat I would not get back up.
I almost threw in the towel after the first minute due to the weight of the bar on my neck. No pain, no gain. 4:32 for me. Let's see some scores. Where is the DC crossfit crew???
ReplyDelete5:05 for me. Definitely not a comfortable workout this week, my back was the weak link on this one.
ReplyDeleteHoping to see a couple late posts.
I have been nursing a strained back and bum shoulder for couple of weeks which is why I took off last week. Tried to give it a go today but had to stop at 2:45. Like Seth, the back was the weak link. Although my neck and shoulders did not like the pain that accompanied those 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
ReplyDeleteThat was rough!!! I concur that the back/shoulders were the worst part. I thought this would be pretty easy until I stood there after the first squat...
ReplyDeleteended up at 5:35.
Decided to go ahead and attempt this workout even though I didn't think I could squat my BW. I was only able to do 1.5 squats for 1:03. Wasn't sure if we were supposed to do (a) 1 squat and then begin the time or (b) hold for 30 seconds and then do 1 squat (we did method a). This difference could mean adding a whole 30 seconds to my time :) It was hard enough just to hold my BW on my shoulders! Hoping that the workout will not contain squats next week!
ReplyDeleteI completed this yesterday but my post did not get published - user error on my part I suspect. I completed 9:08 worth of the exercise. I wanted to hit 10 min but was afraid if I attempted another squat I would not get back up.
ReplyDelete