Why are all of the workouts named after girls?
I named this workout "Jacob"
I hope this isn't too hard or too easy! Good luck and may the fastest competitor win!
1. Burpees reps (20 - 15 - 20)
2. Hanging Knee Lifts reps (20 - 15 - 20)
3. Push Press reps (10 - 5 - 10) (.5BW up to 95 lbs)
4. Push Jerk reps (10 - 5 - 10) (.5BW up to 95 lbs)
After you complete all 3 sets of the 4 exercises finish with 100 jump ropes.
(push press and push jerk demo) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w21SGiZbAZg
I'm already excited for Friday!
ReplyDeleteWhat weights should we use on the push press/push jerk?
Is it a superset or do you complete one excercise in its entirety before moving on to the next one?
ReplyDeleteJust verified with Kim, excercises will be supersetted. Also the weight will be 0.5BW up to 95 pounds maximum.
ReplyDeleteSorry I couldn't chime in earlier, but I was really thinking of doing burpees anyways...
ReplyDeleteSeth: I'd say use no more than 75% of BW or 135lbs, whichever is less.
Attim: Almost certain this is 3 rounds of 4 exercises supersetted.
Good luck all!
Sorry Brian, I'm going to stick with Atiim's post on the thruster weight.
ReplyDelete.5BW up to 95 lbs. Don't forget the jump rope at the end!
I will pass on this week's workout due to my pulled back from 3 Bars of Death. Good luck!
ReplyDelete16:09. Good, quick workout. Supersetting the push press and push jerk really got the HR going. Have fun everyone.
ReplyDeleteMy shoulders are shot! 10:22 for me. Great workout!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the marathon next week, Cdr!
Seth, you are in a different league. 18:37 for me. My shoulders felt like they were going to separate from my body and I almost landed on my face several times during the jumprope. Fun workout though!
ReplyDeleteBack felt well and could not pass up a Cross Fit Friday. However, did a Jacob JR to account for the strained back:
ReplyDelete1. Burpees reps (20 - 15 - 20)
2. Hanging Knee Lifts reps (20 - 15 - 20)
3. Back Ext (20 - 15 - 20)
4. Pullups(20 - 15 - 20)
After I completed all 3 sets of the 4 exercises finish with 100 jump ropes.
Time: 17:12
I will take off next week due to the PFA and USMC Marathon! Let's go Matt! See you in two weeks!
I just realized I skipped the jump ropes, I should've double-checked the workout before starting this morning.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I'm going to have to disqualify my score.
Good workout this morning with Atiim. 17:45 for me, the two presses back to back were tough on the last set, shoulders were screaming.
ReplyDeleteOh, wait . . . I missed some reps. I went 20-10-20 on the burpees and knee lifts. Count me out too. Seth, you even reminded everyone about the jump ropes at the end!
ReplyDeleteNot too leg intensive so had to hit this up. I hope I did it right as I see a bunch of woops' above. 8:30 for me (90lbs). I think it's the burpees that slow me down the most as they get the heart pumpin'. Shoulders were burning, but not too terrible. Must be all the HSPUs I like to do (they're coming Seth...).
ReplyDeleteAs with CDR Vinci, I'm out next week, but ready for the comeback the following week.
Oh Rah!
Hi all, intensive but quick workout. My time was 12:10 (and I did not forget the jump ropes ;-). Oh and I used the 0.5 body weight.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice Sunday!
I am excited to do the workout today! Can't believe that I made it so confusing. Sorry about that!
ReplyDelete-Kim
Jacob was a good workout - short, sweet, and painful!! 14:19 for me.
ReplyDelete19:34 for me. I am more exhausted than running for 5 miles!!! U r right not enough legs so going to do some squats! Only had 45 then 35 lb bars for the presses. I'm weak in upper body but will get there!
ReplyDelete-Kim